Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Yoga

Coming home from work really tired can be an ordeal. All you want is to relax on the couch with a glass of wine or beer.
Just once, try lying on the floor with your feet up the wall for 10 minutes. Feel the small of your back firm on the floor with your legs at 45 degrees to the wall. The other option is to have your buttocks against the wall with your legs vertically.  See which you prefer.
Relaxing like this is heavenly for aching legs, puffy ankles, hot sweaty swollen feet. As well as helping relieve tiredness, lack of energy and sore legs it is great for your whole body. Because it is an inversion, fresh blood, therefore oxygen and nutrients are brought to your brain, bringing energy to your body. If you suffer from varicose veins or haemorrhoids, you may notice an improvement. What have you got to lose - nothing - but you have a lot to gain. A great habit to get into. I remember when I was in a very stressful teaching position and when I look back - putting my feet up the wall - and relaxing when I was on my own - certainly helped the situation, which is why I recommend you try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment