Monday, August 27, 2012

a retreat in Cambodia?

I am looking into organising an annual retreat in Cambodia. A friend has just moved to Phnom Penh and her sister has just visited. We spent a Sunday looking at photos and talking about her lovely holiday and life in Phnom Penh. It captured my heart and looks such a wonderful place to have a cultural experience and enjoy a holiday with like minded people.

At this stage it is investigations, googling etc and to do it properly I will offer the holiday in 2014, which isn't that far off. This year will be looking for the best options. Next year I will visit and follow my itinerary to look for improvements and loopholes and then offer it for 2014. It will also give people time to think about it, decide if they would like to go and save. Of course I will be keeping it as cost effective as possible to make it affordable, but at the same time, a beautiful experience.

I am thinking of daily sessions of Tai Chi, yoga, meditation, visiting a bhuddist monestery, an orphanage to do some karma yoga, attend a Cambodian cooking school, enjoy spa treatments and having some spare time to explore. The holiday would mean you have everything organised and paid for - airfares, meals, accomodation, entry fees / outings and massages. All you do is enjoy.

If you like the idea, please comment on this blog and I will keep you informed as I go on this exciting idea.
 

1 comment:

  1. Make sure to get some spa treatments in Cambodia. It's filled with luxurious medical spas and therapeutic spas that will make you feel relieved after a busy day.

    ReplyDelete