Sunday, January 16, 2011

Waihi Beach

Today I took my grand children to Little Nippers (a club run for children between the ages of 5 and 16 each Sunday morning from 10 - 12 noon) Volunteers from our surf club run it and I was so impressed. The children are all in age groups and the 5-6 year olds had lots of helpers and their specific coaches. I think they are amazing for giving up every Sunday morning to take this club. The Little Nippers were all dressed in their club colours, complete with little blue surf club hats, rash tops and togs. First they had races, then they ran through the waves, then they boogie boarded. What fun. Great fun for the adults too - we got to get wet and get involved.
The thing I love about little nippers is the chance for children to be involved in both team and competitive sports and to learn awareness of the ocean and hopefully keep involved in our great surf club and give back to our community as they get older.
James, my grand son was a little overawed but I imagine in a few more weeks he will be one of the boys. Lucy got right into the fun. I am looking forward to next Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment