Saturday, January 1, 2011

yoga on Waihi Beach to see2011 in

Had an amazing start to 2011. At 6.30am led a group for yoga in front of the surf club at Waihi Beach. About 10 people came along - some yoginis and some holiday makers who had never done yoga before. Together we did yoga for an hour while we listened to the surf, birds and felt the warm sun on us. It was magical. I understand feeling at one with nature when I do yoga on the beach. It probably sounds weird, but when we were doing downward facing dog, I looked at the horizon 'upside down' and was astonished how beautiful it seemed.
People gave a donation to the surf club, and I love helping our surf club who always are there for us. Starting the new year with yoga on the beach was such fun,I would like to make it an annual event. Maybe next year there will be more people coming along.

No comments:

Post a Comment