Monday, August 18, 2014

An amazing weekend at Ohui

There is something very magical about the ashram at Opoutere. From the moment I arrive, I feel at peace. Hollie and I booked in for a Yoga Revival Weekend and were ready for it. The day was perfect and the first yoga session got us in the mood of rest and relaxation and connecting with our inner selves. Yoga Nidra was 'the icing on the cake'. Just love the food at the ashram, especially when Prashad is cooking. He has such a gift for preparing the most delectable food - after eating his food I always think how easy it would be to be a vegetarian.   Hollie and I went for a walk down the beach and were blessed with no clouds in the sky and of course the ocean reflecting tropical hues. We walked barefoot along the deserted surf beach, clowning around taking selfies and doing asanas. The afternoon session was philosophy with Shantimurti. Shantimurti is the most knowledgeable person I have ever had the privilege of meeting. I could listen to him for hours. Another beautiful meal and then kirtan. A day from paradise. The next day we got up for some yoga, then breakfast, walk and then karma yoga. It is all very nice to have yoga and meditation to learn wisdom and peace for oneself but equally important to share and give. Three of us volunteered to cut up firewood and we had such a good time -laughing, joking, sharing, chatting. Darling Atma invited Hollie and I to her house and we caught up with her and her dear little girl, Astrid. After lunch was nadi yoga and it left me buzzing with energy - my whole being was tingling with vibrations of sound. What a weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment