Thursday, December 23, 2010

Christmas

A few days to go till Christmas. Such an interesting time. This morning I was thinking about Christmas - a time that encourages me to reflect about my life. If I am stressed then to me Christmas will be stressful. If family problems seem all encompassing - then I obviously have problems with relationships. If I don't have anyone special to share Christmas with, maybe that is how I choose to live.

I remember the old saying, if you don't love yourself unconditionally, then how can you love anyone else? And if Christmas is all about celebrating Jesus's birth. And birth is the most precious gift to mankind - And it is about love.

If I am stressed, I need to deal with it, because I am not going to be a nice person to be around at Christmas.
If I have family problems, I may choose to be with different people and let some relationships go and focus on loving family who reciprocate love.
If I don't have any special people to share Christmas with I may help at a Rest Home, Hospice, local Christmas Dinner, Salvation Army.

Let's remember the reason why we are celebrating Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment